Friday, April 1, 2011

kiss me kate

from this super blog about vintage fashion
So, fuck it. I know I'm mixing my metaphors, mashing my cultural references and such like, but I'm fairly sure I don't fucking care.

I just love Katharine Hepburn.

Such an aggressively individual woman; Hepburn grew up within a suffragist household where she was exposed to the kind of forthright frankness that she later became known for ... and that I admire her so greatly for. In a time when women were still expected to be demure, precious little petals, she was everything but that.

Hepburn was also outspoken regarding religion, which she believed was "a sop for the masses".

"I'm an atheist and that's it. I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for other people" (from here)
Yeah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment