Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cutlery, crockery, and all things servingware

Are plastic plates an absolute no-go?

In the process of planning our little backyard 'event', N and I have had to give thought to what people are actually going to eat off. Normally a mishmash of new and old plates are dragged out of the cupboards for people to use, and in some scenarios, the paper plate makes an appearance. It is an outside event, after all, and being the pseudo-greenie that I am, I can rationalise and justify using disposable products by buying those that are already made from recycled paper to begin with.

Trouble is, they're kinda cheap looking.
And while cheap isn't really a concern of mine, it's not what I would choose if I wanted to set this particular backyard 'event' apart from every other occasion, and doing so seems somewhat important to me at the moment, as if to give some indication of the brevity of the ceremony, while still doing it in a uniquely N & Katey kind of way.
Yet, this seems preferable to the plastic alternative:

from http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg40/hikimmo/WriteShop%20Images/217-809PaperPlate9.jpg


versus

http://partywarehouse.co.nz/zen/images/Plastic%20Plates%20White.jpg

I don't know. But I suppose it is one of those very important things that I will need to work out sooner rather than later. Like what we're wearing, and other crap like that. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment